Sunday, April 5, 2015

We have moved

I am sure we have pictures some where but I think the camera has been packed and is now some where in our storage unit. We have sold our first home. It has been an interesting process and a mix of many emotions.

I have loved living in Hyrum. I have loved the people, the neighborhood, the ward, and living next to my BBF for 8 1/2 years. It was where we brought our girls home from the hospital, it is where we raised them for 2 years, and it is the place where we put down our first roots as a family. Hyrum will always have a special place in my heart. I am glad we will always live in Cache Valley so I can return often to see those who will always have a special place in my heart.

We moved in with my parents in Weston, Idaho for the time being. As my pregnancy progresses we are seeing more and more the tender mercies of why we are here. I am 31 weeks and 3 days. Not that I am keeping close track. Every day at this point is a milestone for us. I am already 2 weeks further then I was with the girls.

My doctor has been watching me very close because I have a short cervix. Not overly short but short enough that it could have been part of why the girls came early. I have had extra doctor appointments to make sure that everything is going okay.

Monday, March 30, I went to the doctor and much to my surprise and horror I have already started to dilate and efface. I am at 1.5 cm and 50% effaced. On Monday they gave me a Betamethasone shot to help develop the babies lungs. I got a second shot on Tuesday. Hopefully this will help him to not have to be on a respirator if he comes within the next two weeks. On Thursday, April 2, I wasn't feeling very well so we went to the doctor just to make sure nothing had changed. I was still 1.5 cm but I am effaced 60% to 70%. I am now on moderate bed rest. I experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions on Thursday night and that was super fun. I never had those with the girls. I just had the full on hard contractions with them.

It is hard being on bed rest because I want to do things with the girls and there are things that I have always done for them that I can't now. I can't pick them up which is frustrating for all of us. More for them because they don't understand why mom can't. I know this is just a short time in the grand scheme of things but it is hard to rely so heavily on others. I guess this is my opportunity to allow others to serve me.

31 weeks and 3 days

 
This is how I really feel about pictures!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You're doing do great! We both know that every day is a big help to that little guy.